We crossed into Uzbekistan at Dashogus and immediately notice the change at our first truck lunch stop. The locals are again eager to chat with us to practice their English. It's not that people in Turkmenistan ran away from in fear from the strange foreigners - and hawkers in the markets were as eager to sell us things as anywhere else on Earth - but reflecting on it, I also realised that no one initiated any unnecessary conversations.
Uzbekistan is quite different and also visited by far more tourists since the cities of Khiva, Bukhara, and Samarkand are jewels of the Silk Road. Both are beautiful and filled with interesting historical monuments, museums, and artisans' workshops. Khiva, or at least it's old center, is more of a museum city while Bukhara continues to have a much more lived in feel to it.
I've gotten to a point where I've seen so much that I can't remember the names and historical details of everything I've been seeing without consulting my guidebooks!
Artikel Source :http://backpacking.gapyear.com/overlanding/the_silk_road_uzbekistan.html